5 Reasons to Put Your Kid in Jiu-Jitsu This Year!
Any parent worth their salt is always looking for good ideas to help keep their kids busy and out of trouble. Here’s 5 reasons you should consider starting them in Jiu-Jitsu lessons in 2019!
- They’ll be Healthier- Jiu-Jitsu is great exercise. Your kids will spend 2 to 3 classes per week learning new and different ways to move their body. They will develop cardiovascular endurance as well as strength and flexibility. On top of all that, they will develop new friends and become mentally healthier too as they learn to deal with adversity and difficult situations!
- Build Their Confidence- Here’s a simple fact. Kids who know how to defend themselves are more confident. They are more willing to stand up for themselves and their beliefs because they feel safer from the threat of physical harm. In 99% of situations, they never actually have to physically defend themselves. But they feel confident in saying , “Don’t say that about me” or “I really believe strongly in this…” because they know they can back up their words with actions if the situation called for it. We don’t want kids to get into fights at all. But if someone brings the fight to them, we want them to be able to handle it.
- Teach them the Best Self Defense- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu is designed to teach kids how to defend themselves without resorting to punching and kicking (which can make them look like a bully and get them expelled). In fact, it teaches them how to defend themselves by simply controlling kids who may even be bigger and stronger than they are. And they do it every day in class, so they gain confidence in their abilities.
- Give them something to call their own- Look, most kids just want to feel special in some way. Sometimes they are great artists, other times they are great at sports, but for some kids…it’s martial arts. Helping your child find themselves is vitally important to healthy growth throughout life. If your kid doesn’t seem to be fitting in with some stuff, martial arts is a great place to look.
- Experiences are more valuable than things- We all know its true. We’ve all said it. Don’t buy your kid that video game system or that toy that’s just gonna end up collecting dust. Get them experiences that they will remember for a lifetime. I’ve never met a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu who would agree to trading their Jiu-Jitsu experiences in for any amount of money. They say the lessons they’ve learned are just too valuable. Imagine getting that kind of experience for your kid.
There you have it. What are you waiting for? This list could go on forever. But right now you can get 30 days of free Jiu-Jitsu lessons for your kid. They will develop skills and abilities that they never thought they could. They will be engrossed in our exclusive Character for Life program where they will learn about discipline, respect, and other life skills.
Just click here: toplevelmartialarts.com/programs/kids-martial-arts to get started today!